Tabs

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brussels, Belgium

This past weekend I went to Belgium. We stayed in Brussels, but took a day trip to Bruges. Bruges deserves it's own post, as does Brussels. Brussels is the capital of the European Union and had lots of sites to see. We stayed in a quaint, little hotel and ate way too many chocolates and waffles. I'm still figuring out if I prefer more text or photos, but this post is really heavy on the photos. I enjoyed the weekend trip and cannot wait to start traveling around Europe more!

Netherlands countryside, you can't really tell, but there's a windmill off in the distance.


 
In Brussels there is a famous fountain of a little boy peeing. The waffle vendors really try to profit from this tourist attraction obviously...

Frites! I love that you can see the reflection of the buildings. 


Beautiful park, I wish parks like this existed in Amsterdam.



The strangest part of my trip was returning "home" to Amsterdam. I still feel like a tourist here some days, but I'm getting the hang of things much more easily now. I have yet to conquer the Dutch grocery store, I mostly buy fruit and pre-made dinners. One of these days I'll get around to making an actual recipe though. Stay tuned for my adventures in Bruges!

No comments:

Post a Comment